Wednesday, September 21, 2005

So it begins again...

I've read a couple of great blogs recently and was inspired to start anew a blog adventure. I had a livejournal blog, but didn't really update much, I also had another blog here, but hadn't updated since 2002!

So here's the new incarnation. We'll see how it goes.

Tuesday was a black cloud day for me. First, Big Brother 6, the whole thing was disappointing because Janelle didn't make it to the final two. The finale was just boring! I know it is just a game but I've been home and it is surprising how involved I can get :) Then Rock Star INXS. Yes the whole gimmick is a little weird. Like G said didn't they almost make a movie like this? So the final 3 JD, Marty, and Mig. I was hoping the final two would come down to Marty and Mig...there is just something about JD that is so smarmy. He basically kissed the band's ass the whole way through, I guess that is what it take to get the job. I think Marty would have been a good choice to take the band in a new direction. JD's INXS performances are too much like the "old" INXS. I also think that it's not going to last long, there is something about JD that I think he is not going to get along with the guys in the band (or vice versa).

I mentioned above that I have been home. That is because I had gastric bypass surgery on 8/19/05. It has been an adventure. I head back to work in about a week. I probably could go back now but it is nice to have the extra time. Recovery has actually been going pretty well. The first week or so was uncomfortable, especially sleeping, but it has gotten better and I am basically back to normal...except with a very small stomach. It is still a little bit difficult to wrap my head around my new portion sizes. 1/4 cup is about all I can eat in a sitting or one ounce of meat. It's not that I am hungry or anything, that amount fills me up, and I eat about 5-6 times a day which is what is recommended. It is just different.

Alright enough blabbing for now, I have to do some school work (I'm working on a Masters degree) and I have an online class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home