Thursday, September 22, 2005

More Random Thoughts

My perfect record in minature golf went down last night. We played a different course than our little local one, that must have made the difference in my minature golf dominance.

I was just having lunch and I ate too big of a piece and boy did my pouch tell me that it didn't like it. I was quite uncomfortable there for a few minutes. It is weird I get the full sensation so much higher up then I am used to.

I just checked out from the library "I'm Not The New Me" by Wendy McClure. It is good book. Her blog is http://www.poundy.com. It of course talks about adventures in weight loss and being a fat girl. I also just read Conversations with the Fat Girl by Liza Palmer and her excellent blog is http://carmenandjane.blogspot.com. It is an interesting topic, one I am actually trying to come to terms with. Here I am having taken the big step of gastric bypass surgery, but I have never been ashamed to be the "fat girl". It is a fine line to walk between accepting who I am and wanting to be healthier (and sure I'm not going to lie improving my physical appearance is part of it too) and just bowing to the pressure to be thin in todays society. It's an interesting quandry for women.

This weekend I am going to see the sneak preview of "In Her Shoes" based on the most excellent book of the same name by Jennifer Weiner. Another "real-women" positive story. I loved the book so much, I am really looking forward to the movie. I have such a good husband, I drag him along to countless chick flicks. (Of course on of his favorite movies is You've got Mail).

We took Miss Emily (the most excellent fur-child--golden retriever mix of some kind) to Cooper Part and let her play in the water. She loved it so much and I almost fell on my ass in the water. A fun time was had by all. She is now napping I am sure having great doggy dreams. She has the best dreams we are sure, based on the noises and movements she makes while sleeping. She barks, she groans, she even howls. It is great.

I think I might try to take a quick nap, then a shower, and then the reading for my class that I have been putting off. I don't have any other assignments so it is a good day to get ahead in preparation for the 10 page paper we have to rite at the end of the session which is coming up in 4 weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home