Wednesday, September 28, 2005

My life of leisure is almost over

Well I am almost back to work. Recovery has gone well, I can't really complain. I've been tired sometimes and I sometimes get frustrated that I can't just sit down and take a big bite of a burger or something. But, all in all, it is going to well. I do think I have a lot of my energy back. I am trying to make plans to make sure I am prepared when I go back to work to make sure I am eating on my schedule getting my mini meals and my water in. Should go well.

It has been nice just kind of hanging out with G, even though he has said I'm driving him up a wall. We have played many hands of cards (Phase 10 to be specific) and several rounds of miniature golf. I am ahead for the minature golf season, but there is no way I will ever catch up in the lifetime Phase 10 record. (even counting my two recent wins).

I just got back in touch with my good friends from CA. In fact I would call them my best friends. It was great to talk to H, seems like things are going really well for her and her family. It was awesome to talk to J as well. Like her and I have always said, while we may have times that we don't stay in touch because of life or whatever, we can pick up like we just talked. It was really great. I actually have my husband to thank for "reminding" me to reconnect and I am so glad he did. Actually talking to J got me more excited to be heading back to CA. If H or J is reading I want you to know it was so great to get back in touch, and I hope we can continue!

So, full confession, I have kind of been procrastinating. The things I have to do this week, write a draft for my class and work on reading some of the sources for my paper. And my resume (and some job seeking). I'm not sure why I've been procrastinating...but I will get those done by the end of this week. Earlier this week G and I did do some work in the basement and in the extra room, cleared some boxes...you know those boxes that move around with you but you never open. Was able to get rid of some stuff, have a pile of clothes to donate, and some new clothes to wear that fit me again. The one thing left in the closet is my Mom's boxes. I think I am ready to do that, but not sure. We will see when I start going through them. When we were going through the other boxes I came across a birthday card that my mom had given me around the time that her and my dad started having problems (that's a long story for another time) and she had signed it "from Mom only", it made me cry. Sometimes it catches me at the strangest time, how much I miss her and just want to talk to her. I've written about this before other places, but I hate the moves for how the portray when someone has died and the other person is missing them. There will be the flutter of a breeze or a butterfly that alights on a sholder and the person that is alive will be sure that the person who is no longer there knows that their loved one is with them (along with all these ghost whisperer shows that are on tv now). I hate them because I want that movie moment and I haven't gotten it, I just miss my mom.

Wow this has gotten to be a lengthy post. (probably because I have been neglecting my traditional journal and my food log! again with the procrastinating).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home